It gives me great pleasure to introduce the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report, which outlines our commitment to the environment, our society and our businesses.
As part of a $4 billion US family business, we share the same global visions of our future... ...treating our employees, the environment and the communities in which we operate with the same creativity, quality and high standards of ethics and integrity that we put into our products.
Corporate Social Responsibility is about being responsible and caring about each and every area in which we all work.
- Being responsible about how we treat the natural environment and how we use and sustain it's resources
- Caring about the community in which we work and endeavouring to work to make improvements wherever we operate
- It's about the treatment of all Hallmark employees and ensuring it is a safe, happy and creative place in which to work
- It's about ethical trading and ensuring good working conditions for everyone who is involved in the creation of products
- It means caring and ensuring we meet the best standards we can, in all areas of our business and always looking for ways in which to better ourselves.
At the heart of Hallmark's business, we are lucky enough to work in a wonderful industry - that of connecting people through the giving and receiving of greetings cards and gifts. Enriching lives through our Corporate Social Responsibility policies are as important as enriching people's lives through our products.
I hope that you will enjoy reading about our journey for the future. We are proud of the giant steps we have already taken, and the significant progress made to date. However, we are also aware that there is still much to do as we move forward on our road to a better future together.