If you have questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us before using this Website.
What Personal Information Does Hallmark Collect?
Personal Information may be requested whenever you choose to use the services on this Website. Such services include newsletters, competitions, “Alert Email”, live chats, and message boards. The type of Personal Information we may collect will be tied to the type of service you are using but may include:
- your name and contact information (including e-mail address) and any other details you provide to us;
- information you provide when you report a problem with our Website;
- details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and communication data and the resources that you access
- details of your IP address which may be linked to your e-mail address; and
- records of any correspondence when you contact us.
How does Hallmark use Personal Information?
Communication: We use Personal Information to communicate with you by email and/or post regarding the services or goods you request and to inform you of site improvements. We use your e-mail and mailing address to:
– provide you with the goods or services you request, including providing you with our company newsletter where you subscribe to this service;
– where you have consented to us doing so, to alert you to product updates, special offers, updated information and information regarding new Hallmark or third party products and services that may interest you; and
– to contact you in response to any enquiry or submission you may make to us.
Customer Satisfaction: We use Personal Information to make your use of this site more enjoyable. For example, we can use Personal Information to:
– improve the content and general administration of the Website;
– ensure that the Website is relevant to your needs; and
– help create and display content which is relevant to you;
What is Hallmark’s email policy?
Opt in: In order to receive e-mail reminders from Hallmark or to receive e-mails from Hallmark regarding new services and products, you must opt in to receive communications from us. When you register on the site you will be given the opportunity to opt in to receiving any communication from us other than that required to process your registration and inform you of progress of subsequent orders.
You can opt out of receiving e-mails in two ways:
– by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
You may opt out of receiving our email newsletters by using the unsubscribe link on any of our newsletters.
If at any point you decide to opt out we will not be able to send you any more reminders or communications about new products and services.
With whom does Hallmark share Personal Information?
The Personal Information you provide to Hallmark is only used for the purpose of providing you with the services you request at the time that you request them and otherwise in accordance with Hallmark’s Privacy Statement. We only share Personal Information with third parties in order to provide you with the services you request. Such third parties will include technology providers, credit card authorisation companies, merchandise distributors, delivery companies and vendors that process our outbound e-mail communications. Your Personal Information is provided to these third parties solely for the purpose of providing you the services you request when you request them. Such third parties do not store, retain, access or otherwise use Personal Information other than as necessary to provide you services you request.
Hallmark may also disclose your personal data:
– In response to a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise its legal rights; to defend legal claims; or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and/or regulations;
– When Hallmark believes that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Hallmark, its customers, staff, suppliers or others; to comply with applicable law or co-operate with law enforcement; or to enforce its terms or other agreements; and
– To prospective or actual buyers in the event that Hallmark sells any of its business or assets to be used in the same way.
Other than as set out above, we will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission to do so or are otherwise required or permitted to do so by law.
Does Hallmark use IP Addresses and cookies?
When you enter a site your computer will automatically be issued with a cookie. Cookies are text files that identify your computer to our server. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their site in order to track traffic flows.
Cookies themselves only record those areas of the site that have been visited by the computer in question, and for how long. Users have the opportunity to modify their browser preferences to accept all cookies, be notified when a cookie is issued, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies, your site experience may be affected, but you will be able to use the site. Please consult your browser instructions for information on how to modify your choices about cookies.
An IP address is your computer’s address and is a unique identifier, allowing online information to be sent to the right place.
Hallmark uses IP Addresses and Cookies in limited ways, as follows:
IP Addresses: We use IP addresses to better understand the customer database. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Website. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information such as geographic distribution of our customers. Your IP address may be linked to the Personal Information you provide, depending on how you access the internet.
Does Hallmark use Web Logging?
We use a software technology called Web Logging to help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Web Logging allows us to track the online movements of Web users. Web Logging is not tied to users’ personally identifiable information.
Does Hallmark track the opening of HTML emails?
We use page tracking in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by the recipients.
Hallmark will never ask you for your personal information in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. You will only be asked for your name and email when you initiate the contact and only if your name and email are necessary to correct a service problem.
Links from the Site: If you click away from this site to visit the site of any third party, you may be asked for Personal Information in order to purchase or use products and services offered. These companies have their own privacy and data collection practices. As described above, Hallmark has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies. You should therefore review their privacy policies carefully if you have concerns about how Personal Information may be used.