Competition Terms and Conditions
Hallmark In-Store Competition | Terms & Conditions
These are the rules, which apply to your participation in our “Win £500 for a cause close to your heart” Promotion. By participating, all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
“Promoter”: Hallmark PLC, Hallmark Cards, Dawson Lane, Bradford BD4 6HN.
- This competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland) except employees and their immediate families of participating stores and Hallmark PLC, their agencies or anyone professionally connected to the prize draw. Entrants aged under 18 must have parental / guardian permission prior to entering.
- In entering the competition, all entrants confirm that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require any entrant to provide proof that they are eligible to enter the competition.
- Promotional Period: Entries must be submitted by email between 1st September 2019 and midnight on 30th September 2019 Entries received before 1st September 2019 and after midnight on 30th September 2019 will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost, delayed, mislaid or incomplete entries.
- Entry Instructions: To participate, buy any Hallmark card and email what cause / charity / person / people or community project you would like to support with a donation of £500 and why. Please include a charity number or registration / organisation details of the project. We will need your telephone number and email address so that we can contact you if you are a winner.
Enter by 30th September 2019 at email address Hallmark.ThinkingOfYou@Hallmark.com
- The winner of the prize may be asked to provide proof of purchase prior to the prize being issued. All entrants should keep their receipt when entering the competition. Northern Ireland residents only: No purchase necessary in Northern Ireland; residents of Northern Ireland should enter as per the instructions but will not be asked to provide proof of purchase.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or are not received by the Promoter for any technical, delivery or other reason whatsoever other than through the fault of the Promoter.
- No bulk entries. Any person making an entry on someone else’s behalf or an entry automatically generated by a computer, including multiple entries from a single IP address will be disqualified at the Promoter’s discretion. If there is any reason to believe that an entrant has breached these Terms and Conditions or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, immediately disqualify such entrant(s).
- Prize: There is one prize available of £500 which will be given as a payment directly to the cause chosen by the winner by Hallmark Cards plc.
- The entrant judging will take place on or before 21.10.2019 by a panel of judges at Hallmark cards HO. The entry that is deemed to be the response that they collectively agree should win based on the reasoning presented in the nomination will be selected. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to contact the selected entrant by email and phone, within 14 days of the selection process using the contact details the selected entrant supplied. If, despite the Promoter using reasonable endeavours to contact the selected entrant, the selected entrant does not acknowledge within 14 days of the selection, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative entrant, using the same judging criteria as for the first winner, with the originally selected entrant forfeiting the prize. This process will continue until a selected entrant acknowledges.
- General: The result of the judging panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into by the Promoter, except with the winner.
- The prize may be withheld until and unless the Promoter (in its sole discretion) is satisfied that the winner has met the eligibility criteria set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- The prize is as stated, it is non-transferable, not for resale and no cash or other prize alternative is available. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter the prize will only be donated directly to the organisation nominated by the winner. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to award an alternative prize of equal or greater value, should the advertised prize (or any element of it) become unavailable for any reason outside of its reasonable control.
- This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other reward or promotion..
16 USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
16.1 Hallmark Cards Plc is the data controller. Our contact details are Hallmark Cards Plc, Dawson Lane, Bradford BD4 6HN. We will use your information to administer the competition (on the legal basis of our legitimate interests for the purpose of our regulatory and compliance obligations in delivering the promotion). We will use your name and contact details to contact you if you win and for our reasonable promotional and publicity about the winner (on the legal basis of your consent).
16.2 By entering the competition you agree to participate without charge in reasonable promotional activity if you win, such as being featured in website articles and on our social media channels.
16.3 We are required to keep records and publish or provide on request the name and basic details about any winner. We may share your data with Tesco for the purpose of Supplying the prize and PR or social media. If you are a winner, we will keep a record of your information for up to six years. If you are not a winner, we will delete your information within 12 months of the end of the promotion. We will not transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area.
16.5 If you do not provide your information to us or you request that we erase your personal information prior to the draw taking place, you will not be able to participate in the competition. Where we rely on your consent to process your personal information, as outlined above, you are free to withdraw this at any time.
17 All copy and designs provided in this competition remains copyright of Hallmark Cards PLC.
- Events may occur that render the draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter. Where circumstances make this unavoidable or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, the Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion or these Terms and Conditions, at any stage. The Promoter will be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the entrant as a result thereof if such loss or damage is as a result of a breach by the Promoter of these Terms and Conditions or the Promoter acting negligently. Otherwise the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the entrant as a result of the suspension, cancellation or amendment of the promotion or these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promoter will be liable for any change, compensation, cancellation, loss, damage, expense or failure to perform any contractual obligation if such liability arises as a result of a breach by the Promoter of these Terms and Conditions or the Promoter acting negligently. Otherwise the Promoter will not have any such liability where it is due to any event or circumstances, which the Promoter (or its suppliers) could not foresee or avoid.
- Any question concerning the legal interpretation of this offer and these Terms and Conditions will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- This offer is only available in participating independent card stores.